Our Association offers Ombudsman Services: Online request form or you may call 1-800-443-9956 and ask to speak with the ombudsman coordinator.
For information and instructions, please contact Glenda McCormick email@example.com or call 336-768-5560.
WSRAR is committed to holding our REALTOR® members to the highest standards of ethical, professional, and fair business practices. The term “REALTOR®” signifies membership in the National Association of REALTORS® (“NAR”). In addition to NAR membership, REALTORS® hold membership in a local and a state association of REALTORS®.
The Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is the promise to the public that when dealing with a real estate agent that is a REALTOR®, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction related matters. Only REALTORS® pledge to abide by the Code of Ethics and only REALTORS® are held accountable for their ethical behavior.
Some of the basic principles of the Code of Ethics include:
- Absolute fidelity to clients
- Avoiding misrepresentation and concealment of pertinent facts to clients and fellow brokers
- Respecting other agency relationships
- Cooperation with other brokers and hearing panels
- Making your true position known by disclosing self-interest, compensation, and dual representation
- Safeguarding entrusted funds
- Assuring that agreements and commitments are in writing
- Providing equal, competent service to all
- Portraying a true picture in advertising
- Not engaging in the practice of law
Filing an Ethics Complaint
If you believe that a REALTOR® member of the Winston-Salem Regional Association of REALTORS® (WSRAR) is guilty of unethical conduct, you may file a complaint with the Association. Please note that WSRAR cannot process complaints dealing with real estate law nor revoke or suspend the real estate license of its members. WSRAR cannot assist with release of earnest money deposits nor can we award money to a Complainant in the event, following a hearing, a member of WSRAR is found to be in violation of the Code of Ethics.
For information and instructions on filing an ethics complaint, please contact Glenda McCormick firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-768-5560.
Mediation and Arbitration Services
Even REALTORS® who are committed to high standards of conduct occasionally have honest business disputes with other professionals, clients or customers. Mediation is the best alternative to expensive, lengthy, and unpredictable litigation.